Green initiatives by Blue Water Divers
At Blue Water Divers & Watersports, we're committed to doing what we can to help the planet.
Here's some of what we're doing:
- Collecting used batteries to prevent going into landfill and incinerator
- Use recycled (70% post consumer waste) and Biodegradable trash bags on boat and in shops
- Use unbleached and post consumer waste toilet paper
- Use online PICS
- Use moorings on dive sites or at the least a sand anchor
- Recycle our office paper by using both sides
- Annually Beach clean-up PROJECT AWARE
- Reusing old towels as rags
- Reusing of plastic containers and oil buckets
- Servicing and selling 2nd hand gear
- Reusing and melting lead to make our weights
Looking for sustainable, energy and eco-friendly products?
Updated Tuesday, January 14, 2014